Tips to Navigate Session.
Bills the legislature will be considering are posted to the Oregon Legislature website at https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/.
- Once you get to the website, you will see the Bill icon on the top right of the page.
- Bills can be searched by Bill Number, Bill Text or Bill Sponsor.
- Text of each Bill can be found on Bill Overview page under the Text tab.
- Once you find Bill text, this handy guide (https://bit.ly/2NCGxrD) will help you understand the layout and information contained in the Bill text.
The Oregon Legislative Assembly has established a process to accept remote verbal public testimony on bills by video or phone during this time, in addition to written public testimony.
You must register in advance to provide verbal testimony during a committee or subcommittee meeting. Registration closes at the start of the meeting.
You can submit written testimony in the following two ways:
- Through the Testimony Portal on the Oregon Legislative Information System (OLIS)
- By regular mail at 900 Court Street NE, Salem, OR 97301
You can submit written testimony up to 24 hours after the scheduled start time of the committee
meeting at which a bill is listed on the agenda for a public hearing.
IMPORTANT LINKS AND PHONE NUMBERS
Oregon Legislature’s Website: https://www.oregonlegislature.gov
Oregon Legislative Information System (OLIS): https://olis.oregonlegislature.gov/liz/2021R1
Questions about the legislature, legislative process, or other government agencies:
Toll-free number: 1-800-332-2313